Do you feed your boxer coconut oil? If so, awesome! If not, you should definitely consider it. Here’s why: The cost is low. The risk is zero. And the potential benefits are enormous.
Five reasons why you should add coconut oil to your dog's diet:
1) It improves overal skin health - It clears up skin conditions such as eczema, contact dermatitis, hot spots and itchy skin. It kills fleas, ticks and even the dreaded mange, plus coconut oil eliminates dog odor!
2) Weight control - coconut oil can increase your dog’s metabolism which helps your dog maintain a healthy weight.
3) Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections - Its antiviral agents also help dogs recover quickly from kennel cough. Just add a a teaspoon of coconut oil with each feeding.
4) Improves digestion and nutrient absorption, plus it reduces or eliminates bad breath.
5) Promotes normal thyroid function, helps prevent or control diabetes, and relieves arthritis.
Our suggestion is…try it for yourself. Just buy one jar of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (Must be UNREFINED 'virgin' coconut oil). It’s a cheap investment, especially when you consider the potential gains it might have on the quality of your dog’s life.
**The recommended dose is pretty easy; just give a teaspoon of coconut oil per 10 pounds of dog, or you can give a table spoon per 30 pounds. Start with about 1/4 the recommended dosage and build up to the recommended level over 3-4 weeks**
Content courtesy of: Dogingtonpost.com, Dogsnaturallymagazine.com,healthypets.mercola.com, & dogster.com.